A week or so ago I made a Pineapple Curried Chicken. I made that recipe up since I didn't have coconut milk on hand. It was REALLY good, but there's just something I LOVE about coconut milk with curry.
So here is my delicious recipe!
Coconut Curried Chicken (serves 3-4)
- 2 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 bag of frozen stirfry vegetables
- 13.5 oz can lite coconut milk
- 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon curry
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray. Very important! Place frozen chicken breasts at the bottom. Pour the frozen vegetables on top.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients, except the corstarch, until smooth. Pour over the vegetables and chicken.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6. 10 minutes before serving, mix the cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water.
- Fish out the 2 chicken breasts and chop into small, bite sized chunks. Pour the chicken back into the crockpot.
- Add in the cornstarch/water mix. Stir the contents of the crockpot and wait 5 minutes. Add additional cornstarch/water to reach desired thickness. Serve over rice.
Ok, this is so yummy!
Normally, instead of using tomato sauce and cornstarch, I would just use a can of tomato paste. I like the sauce thicker, so if you do too, swap out the tomato sauce and cornstarch for the paste.