Hey everyone! My name is Kathleen and I'm from the blog Betwixt & Between!
When my pal Kaitlyn told me she would have some open days to guest post I jumped at the chance! I love Kaitlyn's blog and all the recipes she posts even more. Today I wanted to carryon the torch and introduce you to an appetizer that has been used countless times in my family. During the holiday season we always have a party for family and friends. This dip has become a staple and always seems to disappear quickly. For the most part, it is a savory cheesecake. It has all the mexican flavor you could ask for with the convenient benefit of being in dip form. Give this a try when you are hosting a party or watching the game.
Baked Chili-Cheese Spread
2 Tablespoons yellow cornmeal
1 Tablespoon chili powder
3 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
2 Large eggs
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 (4-ounce) cans diced green chilies
1 cup sliced green onions, divided use
1 (16-ounce) jar of salsa, divided use
2 cups (8-ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided use
Tortilla chips or crackers for dipping.
1. Preheat oven to 325. Grease bottom and side of 9-inch springform pan
2. Combine cornmeal and chili powder. sprinkle over side and bottom of pan
3. Beat cream cheese, eggs, garlic powder, and cumin in large mixer bowl until smooth; stir in chilies and 1/2 cup of green onions.
4. Poor half of batter into pan. Spoon 1 cup of salsa on top of batter; sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese over salsa. Spread remaining batter on top of cheese.
5. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until edges are set but center still moves slightly. ** I had to cook mine for a longer period of time. Make sure yours is done before pulling out of oven
6. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; remove side of springform pan.
7. Spread remaining salsa on top and cover with the rest of cheese and green onions. Serve with chips or crackers.
This dip can be dangerous because you'll want to eat it all by yourself. Don't make my mistake by making this without planning to invite some friends over!